Dear Sir, Madam,
I write to you today to inform you that I found your skinny lemon poppy seed muffin appalling. As a young, weight-conscious female, I am in your target group for such muffins, and I was nauseated by this afternoon snack.
For starters, the frosting on top is superfluous. It's as if you're knowingly trying to distract the customer tfrom the poor quality of the muffin by blind-siding them with sweetness. It's too much. Furthermore, the sugar-slathered muffin top is incongruous with a "skinny" muffin to begin with. Save the calories on sugar, put it where they're needed; in the muffin.
The muffin itself is unsatisfying at best. It has the consistency of solidified paste; tastes nothing like the "lemon" it pretends to be, and again, is over-loaded with sugar to mask the lack of the good stuff; fat.
Is there a way to find a delicious low-fat muffin? I think so. I challenge you, Starbucks, to live up to the task at hand; create a muffin that is satisfying, sexy, skinny, but not overly sweet.
Sincerely,
Francesca Hansen
__________________________________________________________________________
Dear Ms Hansen
Thank you for taking the time to contact Starbucks Coffee Company.
We aim to serve our customers a range of premium quality food to enjoy with their beverage and I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with our new Skinny Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin.
Our food range is regularly reviewed to ensure we consistently offer a popular and varied range of products. We conduct taste trials and listen closely to customer feedback and if we feel our food can be improved then we may change the recipe.
Our food development team and suppliers are continually working on new foods and any food that is not widely enjoyed may be replaced. We closely monitor sales figures across the country to help us understand which products are successful.
We value all feedback about our products and I will share your comments with our food development manager for her interest and consideration when reviewing the success of our food range.
We appreciate you getting in touch and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your local Starbucks.
Yours sincerely
Clare Ollerhead
Customer Care Specialist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
at first i read "Clare Otterhead," and then I laughed, and laughed...
Your last post, about bacon and fennigreek, was hilarious.
Why am I the only person who comments on your blog?
Robbie.
Got a charming customer service email from Clare Ollerhead at Starbucks this morning, and like all nerds I googled her name and found your blog. Glad I did. Every post has made me laugh out loud. We need more people like you in London.
Post a Comment