Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ergo, frigo

Maybe it's my roommate's Atkins diet, maybe it's nostalgia, but I've been getting pretty sad looking at our fridge recently. Then it occured to me what a freakishly perfect microcosm of our life in Paris the door is.

Without further ado, the contents of our
fridge door:


-Not 1, but 2 noise violation notices from the police, for "Tapage nocturne; cris, chants, et musique enregistrée." This has launched a not so subtle war with the neighbors, which climaxed in The Pear Incident, in which a neighbor threw a pear at Cesi out their window. They threw. A pear. On purpose.

1 label from a tan of unidentifiable Southeast Asian fruit. Reads:
MANGO STEEN IN SYRUP "COCK" (we are approximately 12 years old)

- 7 Marie Antoinette magnets, courtesy of Andrea Mack. We liked Versailles a lot, we preferred the fridge magnets.

- 1 rejection letter from large law firm.

- Various notes on pink pads. Notably:

- "BE CAREFUL OPENING FREEZER, VODKA WILL FALL."

(we have subsisted on a few litres of Vodka from Miami International Apartment all semester. I would have legally adopted them if it were legally possible for man and alcohol to share that sort of bond.)


-"THINGS BROKEN": (this is a sad, sad list)
The list of glasses broken is so long, we have started attributing financial responsibility to the dog.

...It will be tough to leave this flat. But all I know is I'm investing in plastic cups and insulation wherever I move next.

1 comment:

YourMom said...

mmm syrup cock.