Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oh, Finland.

People often say that Finland is part of Scandinavia. Sorry, Finland. Finland is actually the creepy uncle that noone wants to invite to the Scandinavian family dinner.

Above and beyond the scores of Nordic death metal enthusiasts that flocked around Helsinki, I was just a little perplexed about these Finno-Ungric folk. Behold:

1. There's big fans of Susan Sontag...and there's the headliners of "PIG FEST 2009"(bottom left)



2. How to encourage your children not to use the playground? Build a playset that looks like the a slow, gruesome quicksand death of pacman:



3. When you just want a lighting solution that screams: OBEY!



4. I do love a man that is not afraid to wield a sledgehammer in the nude:



5. I can think of a number of things this poster makes we want to do (mostly involving crying or rocking back and forth in the fetal position) but "going to this museum" is not one of them:



6. No comment necessary:



7. Just out for a pleasure row in the middle of Helsinki's industrial harbor:



8. 11 P.M.



Admittedly, one of the most awesome sunsets I've ever seen. Here's to you, creepy uncle.

No comments: