So, naturally, I decided to see about becoming a..naturalized French citizen.
(Dual, of course - I'm keeping my nifty blue passport)
I have seriously thought about it before, but something about La Rentrée 2011 feels like this is a good time to start this beast of a process.
I didn't know the coolest thing about this, though :
"Lors de sa demande de naturalisation, le postulant peut demander, sous certaines réserves, la francisation de ses nom et/ou prénom(s) ainsi que celle des prénoms de ses enfants.
Il peut aussi demander l'attribution d'un prénom français, lorsque lui ou ses enfants n'ont aucun prénom."
... It says that I can basically French-ify my first or last name while I demand citizenship.
I can change my name again and it would even be encouraged by the French government!
Oh, the possibilities. First of all, I should shorten it to "France" (an actual French first name for women) and well, the "H" .. the H has to go. Ansen? Assan? (as so many people think).
What would really be the most French last name, ever?
Here are some actual French last names I have heard recently.
What would they look like when paired with my potential new French first name?
France Nègre ("France Negro")
France Sansoucy ("France No worries")
France LeBoeuf ("France Beef")
France Lellouche (approx. "France Cross-Eyed")
Right, so...inappropriate, awkward and strange.
I am going to continue and play this game as I fall asleep at night.
The Frenchest name of all shall be mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment