Monday, February 05, 2007

Nice meeting you, you're lame

I once was part of a facebook group called, "I dislike 85% of the people I meet" but based on recent recalculations, it's approximately %75. Look what a generous, tolerant person I am. I am NOT repulsed by %25 of the people I meet. I call this recent sample group, "People that have come to see my flat/that I may soon be living with," quite unfortunately. Due to a crackhead employer/work permit issues, my dearly loved flatmate will be leaving the oasis of the East End.

Thus, enter the 4 total strangers that I've met over the past few days.

No.1. Australian male, 27, looks like he plays with star wars figurines in his spare time. Says he's a journalist, but, in an internal monologue, I suggest that he only writes a blog about his fantasy basketball team.

No.2. Australian girl. Quite liked her. There's always an exception. (update: naturally, she decided she wanted to live this far east. Far east, my heiny). On second thought, she sucks for not appreciating the neighborhood.

No. 3. Dweeby French Girl. Is it wrong to dislike people because they're just that ugly?
On the plus side, she does have a subscription to the Economist, and for once, I will look good next to a French girl.

No. 4. The Princess. I'm sorry, if you've clearly demonstrated just how stupid you are before we've even met, I can't imagine that we'll have a beautiful future together.And no, when I'm waiting on a street corner for you, "running into a shop because i just HAD to have that dress" is not a legitimate excuse for being late. Piss off.

So, wish me luck, people. I don't have much patience for the general population, and I need a wicked new flatmate. Know anyone (that doesn't suck) that needs a flat in London?

1 comment:

j.ho said...

Oh Franny. That's frustrating. My friend Alex just moved to London. I think he already found a place. Plus he's an i-banker, so his budget is absurd. But had you not already moved, I might've tossed to him your contact info. Heart hear heart you.