Friday, August 03, 2007

My 20-old birthday party

So I went to New York recently...to have a birthday party, which was sheer brilliance.
For a write up that is, understandably, one from one noble man's perspective, but amazing anyways:

(Keith's nickname for me shall be changed to 'Francesca' for this story)

By Keith:

So I met up with Francesca, Jojo (who, in an odd break from normal, I call by his rael name, not the nickname used here) and Bekah to celebrate Francesca''s birthday. Met some of Francesca's friends. One in particular decided against the typical "hello" style of greeting. She opted for,

"Hey! You know Neil!"

to which I stared blankly at her for a second. Quite simply I don't really know a Neil. I do know a Knile. So that was fun.

Dinner was fascinating. Let me introduce you to the cast of that charade:
Bekah: Has worked for MTV for several years. I've known Bekah since grade school.
Olli: Francesca's british boyfriend. Of the men she has dated, Olli is one of my two favorites. He's your standard charming brit, but with more personality.
Leigh: Majors in classical archeaology, smiles a lot and has known Tom for a very long time.
Jojo: Friend since high school, I run into Joseph about once a year. He's incredibly well educated, and hilariously funny...especially if you speak several languages and are well read in at least 3. He's lived in more than 5 countries over the past 5 years.
Danika: Attractive british girl, has known Olli since grade school.
Tom: Larger than life personality. Uses the word "cunt" a lot, has an amusing story about being run over by a truck. Also, he's a neurobiologist.
Francesca: Has been mentioned previously.

There were times that joseph and Leigh would start on a series of jokes that went right over my head, so Bekah and i started talking about Paris Hilton instead. There was a math joke that was actually funny, because it was true.

Then we were heading to a bar. but we forgot Leigh. We got to said bar and over the course of the night no less than 50 people came through to celebrate with Francesca. Seriously, how many people can throw a successful party in a city that they have never lived in, in a country they haven't lived in for 2 years? Their were Brits, Alpha Phis, high school friends, hopkins people - it was entertaining.

I spent a lot of time talking to Danika and Debbie about things like www.jdate.com. And how christian women suck in bed because of original sin. She spoke so freaking fast that i had to stop her every 20 minutes or so just to give my brain a minute to catch up to the last few sentences. But I couldn't stop laughing. Francesca's friends are fantastic.



I agree most especially with the last bit, darling. Now, repeat after me: "awwwwww"

2 comments:

YourMom said...

Do you like how she makes the effort to change her OWN name, but not to fix my typing errors? I do!

Also, http://way-we-are.livejournal.com - lots of whining and bitching, with occasional links to things in the news!

Unknown said...

I'm heading up to Beantown for a few days, and I kind of want to throw myself an UnBirthday Party, inviting people I know from all walks of life, but I fear it will fail in comparison to your fabulous endeavor.

Also, our favorite brown guy is going to be there, and I just don't know how many of my friends I'm comfortable introducing him to!

Love!

Also, Keith's post is AMAZING.