Warning: I experience art much like a 7 year-old.
"Man, this is a particularly awesome modern art museum !
How great to be out of the hamster wheel of everyday life. It's like...sometimes in Paris, it's sort of like living in..a bubble....
....Hey, what's this next room? Ooh !
Shiny Round Things !
Step in ? Why, don't mind if I do...!
Wait, what's that written on top of the footprints ?!
WHAT THE.. ? Noooooo!
Is this exhibit called, "This is your life." ?!
Dear FH, you will be trapped. In a bubble/ hamster wheel. Forever.
Happy crushing self doubt!
Sincerely,
Art exhibit.
[Slumps against side of literal life bubble in defeat.]You win this time, Art ! Curses !
(Side note: There is a word for this, no? - the literal interpretation of a figurative expression ?)
Part II: Here's a mini walk-through of this legitimately amazing exhibit : This is a Set Up. It's about blurring the lines between spontaneous and planned experiences of art....etc. etc. - there's a, uh, lovely description on the link. Don't worry, I won't impose my completely pathetic amateur art critiques.
RIBBONS ! It is half a room full of long, heavy ribbons. That you can walk through !
This may be about reorienting your sense of space, or it could just be about how walking through lots of ribbons feels REALLY COOL.
In my future house : big heavy ribbon room. No, not a curtain. A room. It's actually very relaxing.
This may be about reorienting your sense of space, or it could just be about how walking through lots of ribbons feels REALLY COOL.
In my future house : big heavy ribbon room. No, not a curtain. A room. It's actually very relaxing.
If you look carefully, that is a fallen tree, in a snowglobe, that crushed some guy.
Morbid, maybe. Personally, I found this (to quote any comedy movie review) Laugh Out Loud Hilarious !
See, look at me experiencing art.
Morbid, maybe. Personally, I found this (to quote any comedy movie review) Laugh Out Loud Hilarious !
See, look at me experiencing art.
Bad image quality, but this was an entire room, called "Story Café" where the artist interviewed people from around the UK, and you listened to their stories (about anything, really) in a comfy vintage chair and headphones.
This was about this woman's childhood growing up as the only black girl in an English town in the early 70's. It was captivating !
Experiencing : Interest, sympathy. Clever art!
This was about this woman's childhood growing up as the only black girl in an English town in the early 70's. It was captivating !
Experiencing : Interest, sympathy. Clever art!
Ugh, KIASMA, What did I say about not making this personal!
Experiencing : Stupid... invasive... art exhibit...grumble...
Experiencing : Stupid... invasive... art exhibit...grumble...
Russian nuclear fallout posters.
NB: I think this was not "art" but a matreshka museum of Fire Safety History (no, really) within KIASMA.
Experiencing : First thought : Ooh, this would make a great poster for my room.
Second thought : Wait no, no it would not !
Ok, the 7th strong Finnish coffee is finally wearing off.
Time to go have nightmares about art.
NB: I think this was not "art" but a matreshka museum of Fire Safety History (no, really) within KIASMA.
Experiencing : First thought : Ooh, this would make a great poster for my room.
Second thought : Wait no, no it would not !
Ok, the 7th strong Finnish coffee is finally wearing off.
Time to go have nightmares about art.










2 comments:
I am quite useless at modern art museums. I spend the whole time thinking "psh I could've done that" or "this isn't art" or just giggling. I am much like a 7 year old in this sense as well. Maybe we just don't get it.
It's not that I don't get it, Acarn. It's about chosing an alternative means of "experiencing art". pshaw !
Post a Comment