Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And the bells were ringin' out for Christmas day

Nothing has been particularly *funny* as of late, except if you consider everything going really well for me to be kind of funny.

I've been happier than a pig in slop.

First, Dublin for Christmas. Amazing. I spent most of my time on Shauna's couch moaning about the superiority of Anglophone countries:

"French...cunting bastards...mmmmmm...English language....mmmm..."

Irish TV is a beautiful mixture of the best of American and British TV. Absolute heaven, after 5 channels of shitty French game shows. Shauna's family, The Sheehys, are the nicest, warmest folks, ever. In fact, My parents seemed kind of disturbed that I wasn't particularly homesick on Christmas eve.

Shauna lives in Bray, just outside of Dublin toward the coast, so on St. Stephen's day we went for a tour of the seaside towns of Dalkey, SandyCove, Killinerney (or something like this. Someone correct me). The vista inspired James Joyce's Ulysses and the entire town was marked with his literary-ness.

I won't drone on anymore. An Irish Christmas in pictures:


Shauna, doing her "BRAAAAAY" face.
(Bray: Dublin :: Ft.Lauderdale: Miami, except 1/100 of the scale)




Out in Bray, at the chipper's. This is, apparently, a place where French fries are sold.



Dalkey Harbour, on Dublin bay:



I love how desolate this picture is. More Dublin bay.



Sniff. I miss Delray's Seaspray.



Dalkey. Quaint like whoh.



Me and Arnie Pie on the streets of Dublin!

No comments: