I'm coming in from the tails of a *savage* Dublin Christmas, and I have to post about my trip to DENMARK last weekend, bouncing around the blond isles with Mikey.
We were in Copenhagen (with Laura and her bf Lars and, randomly, blast-from-the-past-Lasse), Nyborg (where I used to be an au pair), and Odense. Totally sweet MAP if you's curious.Probably won't be, though.
(Mikey, looking across the sound between Fyn and Sjaelland)

Here, in no particular order, are the best quotes of the weekend:
1. "So, vat are you doing in Europe other than trying to get in bed vith her?"
-Erik, (Baron, grandfather of kids I cared for) to Mikey.
2. "Not much else."
-Mikey to Erik
3. "Try and be good, and if you can't be good, be careful."
-Erik, again. Fucking wise man.
4. "Um, I kinda want to just play videogames with him."
-Mikey to me, while at the house of my old Danish host family:
And yes, more proof that all men are still boys:

In other news, I got to meet up with my little little, Laura! Proving only further that we really ARE almost a genetic family. Danish pride, what what.
Also, met up in Tivoli with Lasse, my first boyfriend, who I hadn't seen in 4 years. (Tivoli=old school amusement park in middle of Copenhagen)
Let's just say watching porn with your grandparents would've been less awkward.
Luckily, Mikey was there to fill some of the awkward pauses and generally painful slow parts of the afternoon. Oh, and the clincher being, you know how usually, you might want to look...I don't know..attractive when you see an ex-boyfriend?
YEAH. When I saw the old potato-eater for the first time in 4 years, I hadn't showered the night before, nor washed my face/brushed my teeth because Mikey and I missed the train to Copenhagen, and drunken-crashed in one of the wings of the castle.
Consolation being, we woke up 1) In a castle 2) With a live butterfly in the window:
Voila:

Love to you all. Godt Nytaar!
*F*
p.s. more pictures on
and, duh, facebook.

No comments:
Post a Comment